It is a great honour to officially step up to the role of Interim President of Canada as we sadly bid farewell to our National President, Mr. Hugo Legrand. These past four years, Hugo and I had the pleasure of collaborating with the entire National Board as he wisely led us through many improvements for Les Clefs d’Or Canada. As a well-deserved tribute to him, I would like to point out some of Canada’s achievements during his two terms as President:
- Successfully closed the books on our celebrated 2011 58th UICH Congress;
- United the seven region’s financial stability with the national treasury;
- Strengthened our congress funds and sponsored at Los Cabos Pan-American Congress;
- Conducted the 2013 Member’s National Survey;
- Celebrated a successful 9th National Congress in Quebec City, 2013;
- Created the School Outreach Project; connecting us with hospitality institutions across Canada;
- Secured two School Partnerships – Fanshawe College in Ontario and Merici College in Quebec;
- Created the position of Public Relations Director on the Executive Board;
- Created a new National Charity – Dreams Take Flight;
- Represented at three International Congresses (London, Queenstown and Kuala Lumpur), two Pan-American Congresses (Las Vegas and Los Cabos) and hosted our National Congress (Quebec);
- Executed three National Fall Board meetings (Victoria, Banff and Vancouver);
- Launched Project Brand with Steda Research’s National General Manager’s Survey;
- Transitioned from the National Newsletter to our new National Blog;
- Strengthened relations with our Professional Affiliates – Air Canada;
- Proposed hosting our next Pan American Congress – Montreal 2016!;
- Monitored steady membership growth and stability;
- Ran an organized, strong and successful Section of the UICH with the assistance of passionate National Directors and their Regional Boards.
On Hugo’s behalf I thank all our Members, Affiliates, Sages and friends for your support to the Executive Board during these past four years. I believe that the above notable achievements have undoubtedly raised the bar for Les Clefs d’Or Canada and look forward to May 2015 where a new elected Board will continue to build on these and new initiatives.
A final Thank You to President Legrand for his most appreciated and notable contributions to the Les Clefs d’Or Canada story.
Vive Les Clefs d’Or!
In Service Through Friendship.
Chef Concierge, InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Interim President, Les Clefs d’Or Canada